Today, inversion therapy can no longer be called an alternative treatment because it has been a subject of a great deal of clinical studies. Inversion therapy has been proven to relieve many form of back and neck pains including:
1. Lower back pain
2. Neck pain
3. Herniated disc. It occurs when the outermost part of the disc begins to weaken and the inner soft part start to press outward. Most common cause of herniated disc is trauma and muscle imbalances called postural dysfunction
4. Bulging disc. Is a fairly common affliction that causes pain to individual in all ages. It is caused by weakening in a vertebral disc which causes the disc to bulge outwards. The occurrence is very common so there are lots of medical treatment can be recommended to treat this condition including inversion therapy.
5. Spondylolisthesis is the anterior or posterior displacement of vertebral column in relation to the vertebrae below. This “slips” most commonly occur in the lumbar spine.
6. Sciatica. Is also known as lumbar radiculopathy is a pain caused by general compression or irritation of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve or of left and right or both sciatic nerve. Sciatica is a common form of lower back pain and leg pain. Lower back pain, buttock pain, and numbness or weakness on the different parts of the foot. Difficulty in moving or controlling the leg and foot is also one of the many symptoms of sciatica.
7. Pulled back muscle
8. SI joint dysfunction. SI joints have a cartilage layer covering the bone like most joints in the body. The cartilage allows some movement and serves as the shock absorber. When the cartilage is damage the bones will rub on each other that lead to degenerative arthritis. This is the most common cause of SI joint dysfunction.
Here are some benefits inversion therapy can give to back pain sufferers. Make sure to look up inversion table reviews and reasons to use inversion therapy:
Maintain your height. Inversion helps you avoid the shrinkage due to the result of gravity pull as we aged.
Improves circulation. Gravity is of great help and aided the blood circulation rather than your body is working against it. With inversion, gravity helps in minimizing the pain of stiff muscles, also gravity help the lymphatic system clear faster.
Relieves stress. Full body stretch is rejuvenating. If you experienced yoga, inversion therapy gives the same feeling with less efforts being used in it. With regular inversion therapy, some people feel that they experience better sleep.
Improves posture. The stretching that comes with inversion helps you sit, stand and move with ease and grace.
Realign the spine after workout. Running, walking, biking and other aerobic activities unavoidably compress your spine- most of the time unevenly. There are also one sided activities that often pull the spine out of the alignment like tennis and golf. Minor misalignment often corrects themselves naturally during inversion.
Increases flexibility and range of motion. With inversion, your joints remain healthy and your body become flexible. With this, you can leave an active and energetic way of living throughout your life.
Heightens mental alertness. Activities involving inversion (upside down activities) increase the supply of oxygen in the brain. Experts believe that enough oxygen in the brain helps maintain mental sharpness.